Applicable as of February 1st 2021:
- AdaStone is a civil company in the form of a limited liability company with its registered office at the Glaverbel Building, Chaussée de la Hulpe 166, box 24, 1170 Brussels – Belgium – Company number 0761.830.278.
- Instructions from clients are solely accepted and carried out by AdaStone, who is the exclusive contracting party for all services performed by its lawyers and staff. Partners, or associates, whether they are legal or natural persons, who are in any way connected to AdaStone and are involved in the supply of services by or on behalf of AdaStone, cannot be held liable in any way. Consequently, A AdaStone is exclusively responsible for the services provided by its lawyers and staff.
- AdaStone may, in the name and/or for the account of the client, engage third parties who do not work under the name AdaStone (e.g., bailiffs, notaries, accountants, other lawyers, etc.) in the performance of its services. AdaStone shall exercise the necessary due care in its selection of such third parties AdaStone is not liable for any services, actions and/or omissions rendered or committed by any third parties. AdaStone is authorized by the client to accept any third party’s limitations of liability on its behalf.
- Any and all liability of AdaStone is limited to the amount paid out under the insurance coverage granted by the applicable Bar Association’s liability insurance (currently EUR 2.250.000,00 on the abovementioned date) and AdaStone’s supplementary liability insurance (EUR 20.000.000,00 on the abovementioned date). Further information in this respect shall be supplied upon request. If and to the extent that no monies are paid out under the aforementioned insurance policies, for whatever reason, any and all liability of AdaStone is limited to the sum of three times the amount of fees paid to AdaStone in the relevant case during the relevant year. In any event, a claim is unenforceable if AdaStone is not given written notice within one year after the discovery of an event or circumstance that gives or may give rise to a liability claim.
- The method of accounting for costs and fees is generally the subject of prior consultation with the client in order to determine the budget for the assignment entrusted to AdaStone. AdaStone shall provide the client with an estimate of the applicable fees in advance. Invoices sent by AdaStone to clients have to be paid immediately after receipt of the invoice. If the invoice is not paid in time, AdaStone is authorized to charge, in addition to the principal amount, the statutory interest and an additional fixed payment of 10% of the principal amount to cover the administrative costs.
- These general conditions apply to every assignment accepted by AdaStone, including any follow-up and new assignments.
- The legal relationship between AdaStone and its clients is exclusively governed by Belgian law. In the event of a dispute between the parties for which no amicable settlement is reached, the parties agree to submit their dispute to mediation before a certified mediator in accordance with the CEPANI Mediation Rules. If no solution can be achieved for the dispute as a result of mediation, the dispute is to be brought exclusively to the competent court in Brussels.
- These general conditions apply to all services rendered by the partners, lawyers, employees and appointees of AdaStone within the scope of its normal activities.
- AdaStone’s website contains general information on AdaStone SRL and its attorneys. This website is not aimed at providing legal or any other advice. AdaStone cannot be held liable for any damage which would be incurred by using information provided on this website. If you would like to receive legal advice, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org we will advise you on the basis of your personal situation.